Scattered violence left at least 47 people dead and 33 more wounded across Iraq. The usual clashes and shelling took their toll in Anbar especially. Also, two Iraqiya party members were arrested on terrorism charges. With upcoming elections to take place soon, these arrests could foreshadow significant meddling, as had occurred during the last election cycle.
A car bomb in Hit killed a policeman and wounded five more.
An I.E.D. wounded a civilian in Rawa.
Four policemen were killed and five more were wounded when a suicide bomber attacked their station in Aziria.
A bomb in Baquba killed a woman and wounded eight more.
Three civilians were killed by a roadside bomb in Tuz Khormato.
Gunmen in Baaj killed a woman.
In Basra, a civilian was shot dead.
An army commander was wounded in an I.E.D. blast in Jurf al-Sakhar.
In Baghdad, a kidnapped victim was rescued.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Political Blocs Discuss Coalition Building; Seven Killed in Iraq – August 19th, 2018
- Militia Armory Burns and Explodes; 15 Killed in Iraq – August 18th, 2018
- Electric Infrastructure Targeted; Six Killed in Iraq – August 17th, 2018
- Six Executed in Iraq; Six Others Killed Across Country – August 16th, 2018
- Protests in Basra Ramp up Again; 30 Killed in Iraq – August 15th, 2018