Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki traveled to Anbar Province to meet with tribal and military leaders. Meanwhile, at least 49 people were killed, and another 36 were wounded in new attacks.
In Falluja, three people were killed and four more were wounded in ongoing artillery fire and mortar attacks.
Four soldiers were killed and three more were wounded when gunmen attacked their minibus near Tikrit. Gunmen killed a police colonel in a separate attack.
Gunmen killed five policemen and wounded two more in an attack near Baiji.
An I.E.D. in Jazira killed three Sahwa members and wounded a fourth.
Two bombs in Sadr City wounded seven people.
A roadside bomb wounded a policeman and government employee in Saidiya.
A bomb wounded a Sahwa member in Zab.
Security forces killed a militant in the Hamrim Mountains.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018