Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki traveled to Anbar Province to meet with tribal and military leaders. Meanwhile, at least 49 people were killed, and another 36 were wounded in new attacks.
In Falluja, three people were killed and four more were wounded in ongoing artillery fire and mortar attacks.
Four soldiers were killed and three more were wounded when gunmen attacked their minibus near Tikrit. Gunmen killed a police colonel in a separate attack.
Gunmen killed five policemen and wounded two more in an attack near Baiji.
An I.E.D. in Jazira killed three Sahwa members and wounded a fourth.
Two bombs in Sadr City wounded seven people.
A roadside bomb wounded a policeman and government employee in Saidiya.
A bomb wounded a Sahwa member in Zab.
Security forces killed a militant in the Hamrim Mountains.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018
- 30 Bodies in Mass Grave near Mosul; Two Killed in Iraq – October 11th, 2018
- ISIS Attack on Oil Field; 15 Killed in Iraq – October 10th, 2018
- Security Forces Among 13 Killed in Iraq – October 9th, 2018