At least 70 people were killed, mostly militants, and 24 more were wounded in several security operations and attacks.
Half of the military forces in Ramadi have been moved to the outskirts of Falluja. In Falluja, bombs left three dead and 11 wounded. One militant was killed. Also, the hospital suffered more artillery fire. A suicide bomber in Saqlawiya killed seven soldiers and wounded four more.
Security forces killed six gunmen in Albu Assaf.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Basra Protests Turn Violent Again; Two Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2019
- 40 Bodies in ISIS Grave; Seven Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2019
- Scattered Attacks Leave Four Dead in Iraq – January 15th, 2019
- Children Wounded in Roadside Blast; Two Killed in Iraq – January 13th, 2019
- ISIS Members Poisoned by Relative; Seven Killed in Iraq – January 12th, 2019