Iraq Attacks Across Iraq Leave 19 Dead, 28 Wounded
In Mosul, two soldiers were gunned down at a checkpoint. Gunmen killed a member of the Dawa party. A Christian television journalist was shot to death. Gunmen stormed a school and killed an employee. A policeman was shot dead. A bomb wounded two civilians. Another bomb killed an army captain. Gunmen also killed a traffic officer.
In Baghdad, a bomb exploded in Kahramenah Square, killing one civilian and wounded four more. Three people were wounded in an I.E.D. blast in Ghazaliya. Two people were killed and seven more were wounded in Shabb when a bomb exploded. Gunmen killed a restaurateur in Doura.
One policeman was killed and two more were wounded when a bomb was detonated in Ana.
Gunmen killed an electrical engineer and three co-workers in Balad. A soldier was shot dead at a checkpoint.
A roadside bomb in Baiji killed a civilian and wounded a soldier.
A policeman was gunned down in Ramadi.
A truck driver was killed in a bombing in Shura.
A bomb in Rashad wounded three soldiers.
In Madaen, a sticky bomb wounded a police officer.
A bomb in Albu Ajeel wounded an intelligence director.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- At Least 256 killed across Iraq As Battles Rage near Baghdad – September 29th, 2014
- Airstrikes, Battles, and Bombings Leave 294 Dead Across Iraq – September 28th, 2014
- Friendly Fire Casualties Among 94 Killed, 93 Wounded Across Iraq – September 27th, 2014
- 102 Killed in Iraq As New Details about Anbar Army Massacre Emerge – September 26th, 2014
- 164 Killed, 133 Wounded in Iraq Attacks and Battles – September 25th, 2014