Eight Killed in Iraq; Finance Minister Survives Bombing
Sunday: 8 Killed, 12 Wounded
Finance Minister Rafi al-Issawi survived a bombing. He was not harmed, but at least eight other Iraqis were killed in other violence. Another 12 were wounded.
In Abu Ghraib, no casualties were reported after a bomb exploded as Finance Minister Rafi al-Issawi’s convoy passed a military checkpoint.
Gunmen killed three policemen and wounded two more in a shootout in Samarra.
A roadside bomb in Falluja killed a seven-year-old boy and wounded three policemen. Another bomb killed a civilian and wounded two people, including a policeman.
A bomb on a minibus in Madaen left one person dead and another wounded.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 79 Killed, 112 Wounded As Iraq Militants Attack Religious College – April 20th, 2014
- Iraq Candidates Targeted; 69 Killed 73 Wounded – April 19th, 2014
- Militants Launch Takeover of Iraq Town; 35 Killed, 53 Wounded – April 18th, 2014
- Army Base Attacked; 106 Iraqis Killed, 79 Wounded – April 17th, 2014
- Anbar Gov’t Compound Targeted; 104 Killed, 95 Wounded Across Iraq – April 16th, 2014