Eight Killed in Iraq; Finance Minister Survives Bombing
Sunday: 8 Killed, 12 Wounded
Finance Minister Rafi al-Issawi survived a bombing. He was not harmed, but at least eight other Iraqis were killed in other violence. Another 12 were wounded.
In Abu Ghraib, no casualties were reported after a bomb exploded as Finance Minister Rafi al-Issawi’s convoy passed a military checkpoint.
Gunmen killed three policemen and wounded two more in a shootout in Samarra.
A roadside bomb in Falluja killed a seven-year-old boy and wounded three policemen. Another bomb killed a civilian and wounded two people, including a policeman.
A bomb on a minibus in Madaen left one person dead and another wounded.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Heavy Fighting In Mosul’s Old City; 209 Killed in Iraq – March 28th, 2017
- New Civilian Casualties in Mosul Airstrikes; 127 Killed in Iraq – March 27th, 2017
- Cholera in Mosul; 242 Killed in Iraq – March 26th, 2017
- Pause in Mosul Fight; 37 Killed in Iraq – March 25th, 2017
- Sadrists Hold Rally in Baghdad; 60 Killed in Iraq – March 24th, 2017