Eight Killed in Iraq; Finance Minister Survives Bombing
Sunday: 8 Killed, 12 Wounded
Finance Minister Rafi al-Issawi survived a bombing. He was not harmed, but at least eight other Iraqis were killed in other violence. Another 12 were wounded.
In Abu Ghraib, no casualties were reported after a bomb exploded as Finance Minister Rafi al-Issawi’s convoy passed a military checkpoint.
Gunmen killed three policemen and wounded two more in a shootout in Samarra.
A roadside bomb in Falluja killed a seven-year-old boy and wounded three policemen. Another bomb killed a civilian and wounded two people, including a policeman.
A bomb on a minibus in Madaen left one person dead and another wounded.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Hundreds Butchered by ISIS, Over A Hundred More Killed By Iraq Gov’t – July 29th, 2014
- 274 Killed Across Iraq As Mosul Residents Defy ISIS – July 28th, 2014
- Bloody Sunday in Iraq: 374 Killed, 78 Wounded – July 27th, 2014
- Sunni Politican Mysteriously Detained; 312 Killed Across Iraq – July 26th, 2014
- Sistani Reiterates Plea For Maliki To Quit; 45 Killed Across Iraq – July 25th, 2014