Eight Killed in Iraq; Finance Minister Survives Bombing
Sunday: 8 Killed, 12 Wounded
Finance Minister Rafi al-Issawi survived a bombing. He was not harmed, but at least eight other Iraqis were killed in other violence. Another 12 were wounded.
In Abu Ghraib, no casualties were reported after a bomb exploded as Finance Minister Rafi al-Issawi’s convoy passed a military checkpoint.
Gunmen killed three policemen and wounded two more in a shootout in Samarra.
A roadside bomb in Falluja killed a seven-year-old boy and wounded three policemen. Another bomb killed a civilian and wounded two people, including a policeman.
A bomb on a minibus in Madaen left one person dead and another wounded.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 146 Are Killed in Battles and Bombings Across Iraq – October 19th, 2014
- New Iraq Ministers Selected, As 294 Are Killed – October 18th, 2014
- No Halt in Baghdad Bombings; 142 Killed, 122 Wounded Across Iraq – October 17th, 2014
- As Bombers Strike Baghdad, Bodies Pile-up in Tikrit; 121 Killed, 157 Wounded – October 16th, 2014
- 140 Killed Across Iraq, Mostly in Airstrikes – October 15th, 2014