Iraq: Security Forces and Saddam’s Father’s Tomb Attacked
Monday: 3 Killed, 7 Wounded
At least three Iraqi security personnel were killed and seven more were wounded in attacks. Tikrit was the scene of numerous bombings and mortar strikes, but no fatalities were reported. Also, insurgents targeted a mosque containing the remains of Saddam’s father.
A roadside bomb near Ramadi killed one policeman and wounded another.
A mosque containing Saddam Hussein’s father’s tomb, was targeted with explosives. Damages were reported on nearby buildings.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Another Bombing in Baghdad; 80 Killed in Iraq – August 26th, 2014
- Bombers Return to Baghdad; 212 Killed, 184 Wounded – August 25th, 2014
- 119 Killed in Iraq As Airstrikes Continue – August 24th, 2014
- Suicide Bombers Strike Kirkuk; 103 Killed, 189 Wounded Across Iraq – August 23rd, 2014
- Shi’ite Militiamen Slaughter Sunnis; 230 Killed, 68 Wounded Across Iraq – August 22nd, 2014