Iraq: Security Forces and Saddam’s Father’s Tomb Attacked
Monday: 3 Killed, 7 Wounded
At least three Iraqi security personnel were killed and seven more were wounded in attacks. Tikrit was the scene of numerous bombings and mortar strikes, but no fatalities were reported. Also, insurgents targeted a mosque containing the remains of Saddam’s father.
A roadside bomb near Ramadi killed one policeman and wounded another.
A mosque containing Saddam Hussein’s father’s tomb, was targeted with explosives. Damages were reported on nearby buildings.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Shi’ite Militias Reject PM Ministry Picks; 67 Killed Across Iraq – September 16th, 2014
- As Diplomats Discuss Iraq, 86 Are Killed across Country – September 15th, 2014
- Falluja Hospital Bombed Again As 42 Killed Across Iraq – September 14th, 2014
- Iraq PM Promises No More Airstrikes on Civilians; 63 Killed, 22 Wounded – September 13th, 2014
- 28 Killed, 56 Wounded in Bombings and Airstrikes Across Iraq – September 12th, 2014