Iraq: Security Forces and Saddam’s Father’s Tomb Attacked
Monday: 3 Killed, 7 Wounded
At least three Iraqi security personnel were killed and seven more were wounded in attacks. Tikrit was the scene of numerous bombings and mortar strikes, but no fatalities were reported. Also, insurgents targeted a mosque containing the remains of Saddam’s father.
A roadside bomb near Ramadi killed one policeman and wounded another.
A mosque containing Saddam Hussein’s father’s tomb, was targeted with explosives. Damages were reported on nearby buildings.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Twenty Killed in Attacks Focused on Iraqi Security Forces – May 23rd, 2013
- 31 Killed in Iraq, Including 12 Slaughtered in a Baghdad Brothel – May 22nd, 2013
- Sixty Killed, 132 Wounded in Ongoing Iraq Carnage – May 21st, 2013
- Monday Mayhem: 133 Killed, 283 Wounded in Iraq – May 20th, 2013
- Iraqi Police Targeted As Attacks Claim 44 Lives – May 19th, 2013