Iraq: Security Forces and Saddam’s Father’s Tomb Attacked
Monday: 3 Killed, 7 Wounded
At least three Iraqi security personnel were killed and seven more were wounded in attacks. Tikrit was the scene of numerous bombings and mortar strikes, but no fatalities were reported. Also, insurgents targeted a mosque containing the remains of Saddam’s father.
A roadside bomb near Ramadi killed one policeman and wounded another.
A mosque containing Saddam Hussein’s father’s tomb, was targeted with explosives. Damages were reported on nearby buildings.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Rampant Executions in Mosul Theater; 244 Killed in Iraq – October 25th, 2016
- ISIS Captures City; 482 Killed Across Iraq – October 24th, 2016
- 418 Killed as Security Forces Capture Several Towns in Northern Iraq – October 23rd, 2016
- 598 Killed in Iraq; Hundreds Sickened by Sulfur Fumes – October 22nd, 2016
- 553 Killed and Executed in Iraq as Militants Attack Kirkuk – October 21st, 2016