17 Killed in Iraq, Including Man Who Died in Police Custody
Tuesday: 17 Iraqis Killed, 10 Wounded
At least 17 Iraqis were killed and 10 more were wounded in new violence. One man died under mysterious circumstances while in police custody. A second man may also have died.
Gunmen killed four people and wounded two more who were riding in a car in Kirkuk.
In Muqdadiya, gunmen killed two farmers.
A man was knifed to death in Nasariya.
A roadside bomb wounded two policemen in Mosul.
A sticky bomb blast in Amin wounded a former member of the now-outlawed Ba’ath Party.
In Diyala province, a diabetic man died shortly after his arrest on terrorism charges. A second man is rumored to have died as well. Both are said to have been tortured to death. Officials deny the second death altogether and say the first man simply died of his medical condition.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Executes Dozens; 350 Killed Across Iraq – October 29th, 2014
- Battles Continue Near Iraq Capital; 162 Killed – October 28th, 2014
- Bombers Attack Civilian and Security Targets Across Iraq, 317 Killed – October 27th, 2014
- Iraq Battles Leave 238 Dead – October 26th, 2014
- 716 Killed As Army and Peshmerga Forces Liberate Iraq Towns – October 25th, 2014