17 Killed in Iraq, Including Man Who Died in Police Custody
Tuesday: 17 Iraqis Killed, 10 Wounded
At least 17 Iraqis were killed and 10 more were wounded in new violence. One man died under mysterious circumstances while in police custody. A second man may also have died.
Gunmen killed four people and wounded two more who were riding in a car in Kirkuk.
In Muqdadiya, gunmen killed two farmers.
A man was knifed to death in Nasariya.
A roadside bomb wounded two policemen in Mosul.
A sticky bomb blast in Amin wounded a former member of the now-outlawed Ba’ath Party.
In Diyala province, a diabetic man died shortly after his arrest on terrorism charges. A second man is rumored to have died as well. Both are said to have been tortured to death. Officials deny the second death altogether and say the first man simply died of his medical condition.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 71 Killed, 86 Wounded Across Iraq As Bombers Hit Baghdad Again – September 19th, 2014
- Bombers Strike near Baghdad Shrine; 195 Killed, 173 Wounded Across Iraq – September 18th, 2014
- 178 Killed, 95 Wounded in Numerous Attacks, Clashes Across Iraq – September 17th, 2014
- Shi’ite Militias Reject PM Ministry Picks; 67 Killed Across Iraq – September 16th, 2014
- As Diplomats Discuss Iraq, 86 Are Killed across Country – September 15th, 2014