17 Killed in Iraq, Including Man Who Died in Police Custody
Tuesday: 17 Iraqis Killed, 10 Wounded
At least 17 Iraqis were killed and 10 more were wounded in new violence. One man died under mysterious circumstances while in police custody. A second man may also have died.
Gunmen killed four people and wounded two more who were riding in a car in Kirkuk.
In Muqdadiya, gunmen killed two farmers.
A man was knifed to death in Nasariya.
A roadside bomb wounded two policemen in Mosul.
A sticky bomb blast in Amin wounded a former member of the now-outlawed Ba’ath Party.
In Diyala province, a diabetic man died shortly after his arrest on terrorism charges. A second man is rumored to have died as well. Both are said to have been tortured to death. Officials deny the second death altogether and say the first man simply died of his medical condition.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Heavy Fighting Continues Near Sinjar, 11 Killed in Baghdad – December 19th, 2014
- Sinjar Operation Continues; 142 Killed Across Iraq – December 18th, 2014
- Operation To Free Yazidi Town Begins; 131 Killed Across Iraq – December 17th, 2014
- Iraq: 241 Killed, Including 150 Women Who Spurned ISIS Suitors – December 16th, 2014
- 101 Killed in Iraq, and Thousands Are Missing – December 15th, 2014