At least 17 Iraqis were killed and 10 more were wounded in new violence. One man died under mysterious circumstances while in police custody. A second man may also have died.
Gunmen killed four people and wounded two more who were riding in a car in Kirkuk.
In Muqdadiya, gunmen killed two farmers.
A man was knifed to death in Nasariya.
A roadside bomb wounded two policemen in Mosul.
A sticky bomb blast in Amin wounded a former member of the now-outlawed Ba’ath Party.
In Diyala province, a diabetic man died shortly after his arrest on terrorism charges. A second man is rumored to have died as well. Both are said to have been tortured to death. Officials deny the second death altogether and say the first man simply died of his medical condition.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- India Abductees Found Dead Near Mosul; 72 Killed in Iraq – March 20th, 2018
- ISIS Attacks on Kirkuk Province Highways; Four Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2018
- Bodies Pollute River in Mosul; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2018
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018