At least three Iraqis were killed and 12 more were wounded in the latest attacks. Three U.S. soldiers were also killed during an attack in southern Iraq.
Three U.S. soldiers were killed in a hostile attack possibly involving an Iranian-made rocket. June has proved to be the deadliest month for Americans in two years. As well as 12 other U.S. soldiers, one contractor was also killed this month. Meanwhile, the Sadrists are running a campaign to bar U.S. personnel from cities and government buildings in southern and central Iraq.
In Baghdad, two policemen were wounded during a shooting in the Ur district. A sticky bomb left on a car belonging to a Sciences and Technology Ministry employee exploded, killing him and wounding his son.
A bomb in Zanbaraniya killed a soldier and wounded four others when it exploded last night.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraqi Troops Still Chasing ISIS; 39 Killed in Iraq – December 17th, 2017
- More Yazidi Victims Found in Mass Graves; 97 Killed in Iraq – December 16th, 2017
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Militia; 15 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2017
- Dozens of Sunnis Executed on Terror Charges; 53 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017