At least three Iraqis were killed and 12 more were wounded in the latest attacks. Three U.S. soldiers were also killed during an attack in southern Iraq.
Three U.S. soldiers were killed in a hostile attack possibly involving an Iranian-made rocket. June has proved to be the deadliest month for Americans in two years. As well as 12 other U.S. soldiers, one contractor was also killed this month. Meanwhile, the Sadrists are running a campaign to bar U.S. personnel from cities and government buildings in southern and central Iraq.
In Baghdad, two policemen were wounded during a shooting in the Ur district. A sticky bomb left on a car belonging to a Sciences and Technology Ministry employee exploded, killing him and wounding his son.
A bomb in Zanbaraniya killed a soldier and wounded four others when it exploded last night.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018
- 30 Bodies in Mass Grave near Mosul; Two Killed in Iraq – October 11th, 2018
- ISIS Attack on Oil Field; 15 Killed in Iraq – October 10th, 2018
- Security Forces Among 13 Killed in Iraq – October 9th, 2018