At least three Iraqis were killed and 12 more were wounded in the latest attacks. Three U.S. soldiers were also killed during an attack in southern Iraq.
Three U.S. soldiers were killed in a hostile attack possibly involving an Iranian-made rocket. June has proved to be the deadliest month for Americans in two years. As well as 12 other U.S. soldiers, one contractor was also killed this month. Meanwhile, the Sadrists are running a campaign to bar U.S. personnel from cities and government buildings in southern and central Iraq.
In Baghdad, two policemen were wounded during a shooting in the Ur district. A sticky bomb left on a car belonging to a Sciences and Technology Ministry employee exploded, killing him and wounding his son.
A bomb in Zanbaraniya killed a soldier and wounded four others when it exploded last night.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018
- Oil Field Protests Escalate; 13 Killed in Iraq – July 12th, 2018
- Large ISIS Convoy Crosses over from Syria; 27 Killed in Iraq – July 11th, 2018