Updated at 4:45 p.m. EDT, May 31, 2008
At least 15 Iraqis were killed and 19 were wounded in the latest attacks. One American Marine died as the result of a ‘non-combat related’ incident in Anbar Province. Also, two US soldiers were wounded when rockets struck their base in Nassiriya.
In Baquba, an IED blast near a mini-bus killed three civilians and wounded seven others. In the nearby town of al-Sada, gunmen assassinated the head of the Diyala morgue.
In Hit, a suicide attack on a checkpoint killed 10, including four civilians, and wounded 12 others.
Compiled by Jason Ditz
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018
- Oil Field Protests Escalate; 13 Killed in Iraq – July 12th, 2018