Updated at 4:45 p.m. EDT, May 31, 2008
At least 15 Iraqis were killed and 19 were wounded in the latest attacks. One American Marine died as the result of a ‘non-combat related’ incident in Anbar Province. Also, two US soldiers were wounded when rockets struck their base in Nassiriya.
In Baquba, an IED blast near a mini-bus killed three civilians and wounded seven others. In the nearby town of al-Sada, gunmen assassinated the head of the Diyala morgue.
In Hit, a suicide attack on a checkpoint killed 10, including four civilians, and wounded 12 others.
Compiled by Jason Ditz
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Bodies Pollute River in Mosul; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2018
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018
- Mass Grave Found Near Kirkuk; 29 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2018
- Militiaman Shoots P.M.’s Security Officer; 32 Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2018