Updated at 4:45 p.m. EDT, May 31, 2008
At least 15 Iraqis were killed and 19 were wounded in the latest attacks. One American Marine died as the result of a ‘non-combat related’ incident in Anbar Province. Also, two US soldiers were wounded when rockets struck their base in Nassiriya.
In Baquba, an IED blast near a mini-bus killed three civilians and wounded seven others. In the nearby town of al-Sada, gunmen assassinated the head of the Diyala morgue.
In Hit, a suicide attack on a checkpoint killed 10, including four civilians, and wounded 12 others.
Compiled by Jason Ditz
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018
- 30 Bodies in Mass Grave near Mosul; Two Killed in Iraq – October 11th, 2018