Updated at 5:40 p.m. EST, Nov. 26, 2007
At least 30 Iraqis were killed and four more were wounded during a light day violence. The family of an Iraqi journalist is among the dead. No Coalition deaths were reported. Also, a Turkish helicopter violated Iraqi airspace on a supposed reconnaissance mission.
In Baghdad, Shi’ite gunmen invaded the al-Shabb area home of a pro-Baath journalist who is residing in Jordan and killed 11 members of his family, including his wife and children. A roadside bomb wounded two people in Zaafaraniya. No casualties were reported when a roadside bomb blasted an Iraqi army vehicle in al-Urfaly. Also, four dumped bodies were found.
A drive-by shooting in Hilla left one dead and one injured.
In Basra, gunmen killed a woman at a marketplace.
A clash between rival militias in Kanaan left one anti-al Qaeda militia member dead.
Four gunmen were killed in clashes with anti-al Qaeda militia in Muqudadiyah.
The Iraqi army captured 58 suspects throughout Iraq. Another three were detained in Balad. Three more were arrested in Diwaniya for possessing explosives. At a checkpoint in Taji, soldiers arrested four men including two men who were passing themselves off as a bride and groom.
Also, the human rights minister in Kurdistan has reported that 97 women were burned to death and another 27 were killed by other means over the past four months. Most of these are suspected honor killings and related suicides. Kurdistan is considered one of the safer regions in the country.
Compiled by Margaret Griffis
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Peshmerga Forces Beaten at Checkpoint; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 21st, 2018
- Amnesty Accuses Baghdad of Attacking Protesters; 4 Killed, 46 Wounded in Iraq – July 20th, 2018
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018