Updated at 11:10 p.m. EDT, Sept. 7, 2007
On an otherwise quiet Friday military officials announced that a British soldier and seven GIs were killed in separate incidents over the last couple of days. Iraqis fared better–only 25 Iraqis were killed and 11 wounded in today’s reports. Also, Iraqi newspapers reported that Chemical Ali and two others will be hanged tomorrow for crimes against humanity, but the U.S. military denied those reports, and so did Iraqi President Talabani.
Four Marines were killed yesterday during combat operations in Anbar province. An explosion in Ninevah killed three Task Force Lightning soldiers. Also, a British soldier was killed while performing routine duties on Wednesday.
At a Kirkuk mosque, three people were killed and five wounded during an armed attack. A roadside bomb injured two people. An oil company employee was kidnapped last night. Also, a car bomb killed one civilian and wounded four others late Friday.
Late Friday in al-Zab, gunmen killed three civilians riding in a car.
A council member was killed in front of his home in Suleiman Bek.
Combined U.S. and Iraqi forces arrested 12 suspects in Muqdadiyah. Coalition forces killed three suspects and arrested 18 in northern and central Baghdad, while they also killed one militant in a separate incident in Baghdad.
Two bridges near Ramadi were blown-up.
Compiled by Margaret Griffis
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Widows Sentenced to Death, Prison; Eight Killed in Iraq – February 18th, 2018
- Another Mass Grave Found South of Mosul; 116 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2018
- Security Forces Battle ISIS near Mosul; 23 Killed in Iraq – February 15th, 2018
- Airstrikes Target ISIS near Mosul; 15 Killed in Iraq – February 14th, 2018
- Baghdad Targeted for Small Attacks; Eight Killed in Iraq – February 13th, 2018