Despite recent declarations concerning the defeat of the Islamic State, Iraqi forces launched a new operation against the militants in a region around Metabijh.
At least 97 people were killed or found dead, and six people were wounded:
A pair of mass graves in Sinjar yielded about 90 Yazidi victims, mostly women and children. Locals believe they came from Sheikh Khadr complex and Qabusi.
In Bartala, Shi’ite militiamen wounded five Christian demonstrators who were protesting militia abuses.
A militant was killed during a home invasion in Karbala.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019
- Two militiamen Among 11 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2019
- ISIS Executes Another Truffle Hunter; Two People Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2019
- Tribal Fighting Leaves Casualties; Five Killed in Iraq – March 12th, 2019