Despite recent declarations concerning the defeat of the Islamic State, Iraqi forces launched a new operation against the militants in a region around Metabijh.
At least 97 people were killed or found dead, and six people were wounded:
A pair of mass graves in Sinjar yielded about 90 Yazidi victims, mostly women and children. Locals believe they came from Sheikh Khadr complex and Qabusi.
In Bartala, Shi’ite militiamen wounded five Christian demonstrators who were protesting militia abuses.
A militant was killed during a home invasion in Karbala.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Baghdad Drops Bombs on ISIS in Syria; Five Killed in Iraq – April 19th, 2018
- Mosul Courts Sentence Hundreds of Militants to Death; 13 Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2018
- Four ISIS Women Sentenced to Death; 10 Killed in Iraq – April 17th, 2018
- Iraqi Government Executes Terror Convicts; 52 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2018
- Bomb Targets Election Candidate; Two Killed in Iraq – April 15th, 2018