According to the Coalition fighting the Islamic State militants, about 3,000 militants are estimated left in Iraq and Syria.
At least 35 people were killed, and one more was wounded:
Militants killed five civilians, including the village mayor, in Riyadh.
A bomb in Abu Ghraib killed one person and wounded another.
In Baghdad, a sticky bomb killed an employee of the electricity ministry.
Turkish airstrikes against suspected Kurdistan Workers’ Party (P.K.K.) sites in northern Iraq left 13 dead.
Eight militants were killed in an airstrike in Rutba.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Peshmerga Forces Beaten at Checkpoint; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 21st, 2018
- Amnesty Accuses Baghdad of Attacking Protesters; 4 Killed, 46 Wounded in Iraq – July 20th, 2018
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018