According to the Coalition fighting the Islamic State militants, about 3,000 militants are estimated left in Iraq and Syria.
At least 35 people were killed, and one more was wounded:
Militants killed five civilians, including the village mayor, in Riyadh.
A bomb in Abu Ghraib killed one person and wounded another.
In Baghdad, a sticky bomb killed an employee of the electricity ministry.
Turkish airstrikes against suspected Kurdistan Workers’ Party (P.K.K.) sites in northern Iraq left 13 dead.
Eight militants were killed in an airstrike in Rutba.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Militia; 15 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2017
- Dozens of Sunnis Executed on Terror Charges; 53 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017
- UN Probes Right Abuses in Restive Tuz Khormato; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 12th, 2017
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Camps; 38 Killed Across Iraq – December 11th, 2017