The United Nations is reporting that over 181,000 people remain displaced due to the fighting between Iraqi and Kurdish forces during October. The majority of them fled Kirkuk, Daquq, and Tuz Khormato.
At least 20 people were killed, and four were wounded in recent violence:
A bomb in Subaihat killed an Interior Ministry conscript.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Militia; 15 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2017
- Dozens of Sunnis Executed on Terror Charges; 53 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017
- UN Probes Right Abuses in Restive Tuz Khormato; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 12th, 2017
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Camps; 38 Killed Across Iraq – December 11th, 2017