Iraqi authorities say that the town of Rumala, near Qaim, has been captured.
An oil well in southern Kirkuk province has caught fire.
Witnesses led authorities to a mass grave in Bakara, near Hawija, that contained at least 400 bodies. Some of the victims were dressed in prisoner attire, while others were in civilian garb. The execution site is a former headquarters for U.S. forces.
At least 19 people were killed, and nine more were wounded in recent violence:
A bomb in Baghdad killed one person and wounded two more.
Seven soldiers were wounded by a blast in Anah.
In Shiha, 13 militants were killed.
An airstrike on Rawah left a militant mufti and two companions dead.
Two suicide bombers were killed in Rumala.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- More Humanitarian Aid Planned; Seven Killed in Iraq – June 16th, 2018
- Forty ISIS Bodies Found in Grave; 28 Killed in Iraq – June 15th, 2018
- Euphrates Fills with Bodies Floating in from Syria; 18 Killed or Found Dead in Iraq – June 14th, 2018
- South Korea Delivers Promised T-50 Jets; Six Killed in Iraq – June 13th, 2018
- Abadi Calls Turkey’s Claims of PKK Operations ‘Propaganda;’ Three Killed in Iraq – June 12th, 2018