Iraqi authorities say that the town of Rumala, near Qaim, has been captured.
An oil well in southern Kirkuk province has caught fire.
Witnesses led authorities to a mass grave in Bakara, near Hawija, that contained at least 400 bodies. Some of the victims were dressed in prisoner attire, while others were in civilian garb. The execution site is a former headquarters for U.S. forces.
At least 19 people were killed, and nine more were wounded in recent violence:
A bomb in Baghdad killed one person and wounded two more.
Seven soldiers were wounded by a blast in Anah.
In Shiha, 13 militants were killed.
An airstrike on Rawah left a militant mufti and two companions dead.
Two suicide bombers were killed in Rumala.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Militants Attack Federal Police Unit; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 11th, 2018
- Peshmerga Member Among Two Dead in Iraq – December 9th, 2018
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Targets; 12 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2018
- ISIS Grave Gives up 50 Bodies; Two Killed in Iraq – December 6th, 2018
- Protesters Attempt to Storm Basra Governor’s Office; 16 Killed in Iraq – December 4th, 2018