Iraqi authorities say that the town of Rumala, near Qaim, has been captured.
An oil well in southern Kirkuk province has caught fire.
Witnesses led authorities to a mass grave in Bakara, near Hawija, that contained at least 400 bodies. Some of the victims were dressed in prisoner attire, while others were in civilian garb. The execution site is a former headquarters for U.S. forces.
At least 19 people were killed, and nine more were wounded in recent violence:
A bomb in Baghdad killed one person and wounded two more.
Seven soldiers were wounded by a blast in Anah.
In Shiha, 13 militants were killed.
An airstrike on Rawah left a militant mufti and two companions dead.
Two suicide bombers were killed in Rumala.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Militia; 15 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2017
- Dozens of Sunnis Executed on Terror Charges; 53 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017
- UN Probes Right Abuses in Restive Tuz Khormato; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 12th, 2017
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Camps; 38 Killed Across Iraq – December 11th, 2017