A spokesman for Kataib Hezbollah, Jaafar al Hussaini, told reporters that the Shi’ite militia group is fighting the Islamic State militants near Albu Kamal in Syria. He claimed the fighters were already on the Syrian side of the border.
New Zealand is considering pulling its 150 troops out of Iraq and will review the situation next year.
At least 19 people were killed, and 11 were wounded:
A bomb in Mosul killed three children.
Three policemen were killed and three were wounded when militants attacked a customs checkpoint in Adhaim.
In Barwana, gunmen killed two brothers and wounded a third.
A recently displaced woman from Tuz Khormato killed herself in Sulaimaniya.
A civilian was shot dead in Abu Saida.
In Abu Ghraib, a stick bomb killed a police conscript.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Journalist, Turkish Soldiers Among 34 Killed in Iraq – November 16th, 2017
- ISIS Operations Ramp up in Anbar; 48 Killed in Iraq – November 15th, 2017
- ISIS Battles Near Kirkuk; 33 Killed in Iraq – November 14th, 2017
- Militias Destroy Kurd Homes; 12 Killed in Iraq – November 13th, 2017
- US Service Member Among 19 Killed in Iraq – November 12th, 2017