Coalition and Iraqi airstrikes have increased in the Hawija region. This signals that a ground operation is likely imminent. Furthermore, U.S. troops have reportedly been moved to Qaraj in the Makhmour district ahead of this impending battle.
At least 233 people were killed and four more were wounded:
In Baghdad, a bomb killed three people and wounded three more.
Three bodies were found at Ghazlani.
Turkish artillery forces killed three members of the Kurdistan Workers Party (P.K.K.) in northern Iraq after receiving cross-border mortar fire.
A security operation in Wali Thalab left 14 militants dead.
Six suicide bombers were killed in Naft Khana.
Five militants were killed in Hadhar.
Airstrikes near Kirkuk left five militants dead.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Yazidis Found in Mass Grave; 100 Killed in Iraq – November 22nd, 2017
- Truck Bombing in Contested Town; 88 Killed in Iraq – November 21st, 2017
- Large Operation Against ISIS in Hawija; 30 Killed in Iraq – November 20th, 2017
- Mass Grave Found in Yazidi Town; 46 Killed in Iraq – November 19th, 2017
- Gunmen Attack Baghdad Checkpoint; 20 Killed in Iraq – November 18th, 2017