Coalition and Iraqi airstrikes have increased in the Hawija region. This signals that a ground operation is likely imminent. Furthermore, U.S. troops have reportedly been moved to Qaraj in the Makhmour district ahead of this impending battle.
At least 233 people were killed and four more were wounded:
In Baghdad, a bomb killed three people and wounded three more.
Three bodies were found at Ghazlani.
Turkish artillery forces killed three members of the Kurdistan Workers Party (P.K.K.) in northern Iraq after receiving cross-border mortar fire.
A security operation in Wali Thalab left 14 militants dead.
Six suicide bombers were killed in Naft Khana.
Five militants were killed in Hadhar.
Airstrikes near Kirkuk left five militants dead.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Kurdish Town Strikes Against Deteriorating Security; 24 Killed in Iraq – June 22nd, 2018
- Mass ISIS Grave Yields 167 Bodies; 19 Killed Recently in Iraq – June 20th, 2018
- ISIS Kidnappings Increase Significantly; 37 Killed in Iraq – June 19th, 2018
- Shepherds Kidnapped and Executed; 16 Killed in Iraq – June 18th, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Operation Launched in Anbar; 45 Killed in Iraq – June 17th, 2018