Coalition and Iraqi airstrikes have increased in the Hawija region. This signals that a ground operation is likely imminent. Furthermore, U.S. troops have reportedly been moved to Qaraj in the Makhmour district ahead of this impending battle.
At least 233 people were killed and four more were wounded:
In Baghdad, a bomb killed three people and wounded three more.
Three bodies were found at Ghazlani.
Turkish artillery forces killed three members of the Kurdistan Workers Party (P.K.K.) in northern Iraq after receiving cross-border mortar fire.
A security operation in Wali Thalab left 14 militants dead.
Six suicide bombers were killed in Naft Khana.
Five militants were killed in Hadhar.
Airstrikes near Kirkuk left five militants dead.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Shirqat Nearly Liberated; 297 Killed in Iraq – September 23rd, 2017
- Turkey Desperate to Stop Kurdish Vote; 41 Killed in Iraq – September 22nd, 2017
- Operations Launched in Hawija and Shirqat; 70 Killed in Iraq – September 21st, 2017
- Dozens of Bodies Found in Mass Graves; 121 Killed in Iraq – September 20th, 2017
- Suicide Bombers Attack Restaurant; 64 Killed in Iraq – September 19th, 2017