Coalition and Iraqi airstrikes have increased in the Hawija region. This signals that a ground operation is likely imminent. Furthermore, U.S. troops have reportedly been moved to Qaraj in the Makhmour district ahead of this impending battle.
At least 233 people were killed and four more were wounded:
In Baghdad, a bomb killed three people and wounded three more.
Three bodies were found at Ghazlani.
Turkish artillery forces killed three members of the Kurdistan Workers Party (P.K.K.) in northern Iraq after receiving cross-border mortar fire.
A security operation in Wali Thalab left 14 militants dead.
Six suicide bombers were killed in Naft Khana.
Five militants were killed in Hadhar.
Airstrikes near Kirkuk left five militants dead.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- U.S. Soldier Among Eight Killed in Iraq – February 20th, 2018
- ISIS Ambushes Shi’ite Militiamen near Kirkuk; 31 Killed in Iraq – February 19th, 2018
- ISIS Widows Sentenced to Death, Prison; Eight Killed in Iraq – February 18th, 2018
- Another Mass Grave Found South of Mosul; 116 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2018
- Security Forces Battle ISIS near Mosul; 23 Killed in Iraq – February 15th, 2018