About 17,000 displaced persons returned to their homes on the Nineveh Plains, to the north and northeast of Mosul. Several minorities live in towns such as Bartala, Bashiqa, Hamdaniya, and Nimrod. They include Christians, Shabaks, and Yazidis.
An Iraqi naval vessel sank after an accident involving a large bulk carrier in territorial waters. Four sailors were killed and 10 were rescued. Another seven are missing.
At least 91 others were killed and 13 were wounded in recent violence:
A civilian was killed and eight were wounded when an old landmine blew up in Qureitagh.
Gunmen near Khalis killed a man and wounded his wife.
Security forces killed 66 militants in the Atshana Mountain range west of Mosul.
Twelve militants were killed in strikes near Mosul.
Jalawla villagers killed four militants.
Shelling left three militants dead in Anah.
In Tal Afar, a booby-trapping expert was among several killed during an accidental explosion.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Last Remaining ISIS Town in Iraq Captured; 17 Killed in Iraq – November 17th, 2017
- Journalist, Turkish Soldiers Among 34 Killed in Iraq – November 16th, 2017
- ISIS Operations Ramp up in Anbar; 48 Killed in Iraq – November 15th, 2017
- ISIS Battles Near Kirkuk; 33 Killed in Iraq – November 14th, 2017
- Militias Destroy Kurd Homes; 12 Killed in Iraq – November 13th, 2017