Iraq is asking the international community for assistance in collecting evidence of Islamic State crimes. Baghdad is working with the United Kingdom to formally ask for a United Nations investigation.
Militants in Tal Afar are allegedly using permethrin to treat various skin ailments, which may include scabies and lice. This may indicate rough conditions for the militants. Permethrin is used as both a medication and insecticide.
At least 66 others were killed and 21 were wounded in recent violence:
In Zuwiya, clashes left one militiaman dead and three wounded.
A bomb killed one civilian and wounded another in Mandali.
In Anah, five militants were executed by their own colleagues.
Five militants were killed in Khashala and Tamour.
Peshmerga forces killed a militant commander in Diyala province.
In Mosul, security forces killed a militant.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Bodies of Three Soldiers Found After Missing for Two Years; Two Killed in Iraq – May 19th, 2018
- Turkish Soldier Among 27 Killed in Iraq – May 18th, 2018
- Denmark Withdrawing Special Forces; 12 Killed in Iraq – May 17th, 2018
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Funeral; 16 Killed in Iraq – May 16th, 2018
- Sadr Offices Bombed; 10 Killed in Iraq – May 15th, 2018