Iraq is asking the international community for assistance in collecting evidence of Islamic State crimes. Baghdad is working with the United Kingdom to formally ask for a United Nations investigation.
Militants in Tal Afar are allegedly using permethrin to treat various skin ailments, which may include scabies and lice. This may indicate rough conditions for the militants. Permethrin is used as both a medication and insecticide.
At least 66 others were killed and 21 were wounded in recent violence:
In Zuwiya, clashes left one militiaman dead and three wounded.
A bomb killed one civilian and wounded another in Mandali.
In Anah, five militants were executed by their own colleagues.
Five militants were killed in Khashala and Tamour.
Peshmerga forces killed a militant commander in Diyala province.
In Mosul, security forces killed a militant.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkey Desperate to Stop Kurdish Vote; 41 Killed in Iraq – September 22nd, 2017
- Operations Launched in Hawija and Shirqat; 70 Killed in Iraq – September 21st, 2017
- Dozens of Bodies Found in Mass Graves; 121 Killed in Iraq – September 20th, 2017
- Suicide Bombers Attack Restaurant; 64 Killed in Iraq – September 19th, 2017
- Kurdish Vote Celebration Turns Deadly; 16 Killed in Iraq – September 18th, 2017