Iraq is asking the international community for assistance in collecting evidence of Islamic State crimes. Baghdad is working with the United Kingdom to formally ask for a United Nations investigation.
Militants in Tal Afar are allegedly using permethrin to treat various skin ailments, which may include scabies and lice. This may indicate rough conditions for the militants. Permethrin is used as both a medication and insecticide.
At least 66 others were killed and 21 were wounded in recent violence:
In Zuwiya, clashes left one militiaman dead and three wounded.
A bomb killed one civilian and wounded another in Mandali.
In Anah, five militants were executed by their own colleagues.
Five militants were killed in Khashala and Tamour.
Peshmerga forces killed a militant commander in Diyala province.
In Mosul, security forces killed a militant.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Last Remaining ISIS Town in Iraq Captured; 17 Killed in Iraq – November 17th, 2017
- Journalist, Turkish Soldiers Among 34 Killed in Iraq – November 16th, 2017
- ISIS Operations Ramp up in Anbar; 48 Killed in Iraq – November 15th, 2017
- ISIS Battles Near Kirkuk; 33 Killed in Iraq – November 14th, 2017
- Militias Destroy Kurd Homes; 12 Killed in Iraq – November 13th, 2017