A new mass grave connected to the Speicher Massacre has been discovered near Tikrit. Thousands of cadets were killed when the Islamic State militants attacked their base in 2014.
At least 67 were killed and seven were wounded:
A policeman was killed and another was wounded in a clash that also left two militants dead in Imam Gharbi.
Militants killed a woman in Jalawla during an attempt to kidnap her sons.
A Peshmerga member was shot dead in Zarka.
In Jalawla, a bomb wounded a civilian.
Airstrikes killed 47 militants in Tal Afar.
In Hawija, militants lashed six cubs of the caliphate for playing soccer instead of guarding their security post.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Nine Militants Killed During Security Operations in Iraq – October 20th, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Imam Among 11 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2018
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018