A new mass grave connected to the Speicher Massacre has been discovered near Tikrit. Thousands of cadets were killed when the Islamic State militants attacked their base in 2014.
At least 67 were killed and seven were wounded:
A policeman was killed and another was wounded in a clash that also left two militants dead in Imam Gharbi.
Militants killed a woman in Jalawla during an attempt to kidnap her sons.
A Peshmerga member was shot dead in Zarka.
In Jalawla, a bomb wounded a civilian.
Airstrikes killed 47 militants in Tal Afar.
In Hawija, militants lashed six cubs of the caliphate for playing soccer instead of guarding their security post.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- HRW Calls on Baghdad to Admit to Holding Prisoners; 25 Killed in Iraq – July 22nd, 2018
- Peshmerga Forces Beaten at Checkpoint; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 21st, 2018
- Amnesty Accuses Baghdad of Attacking Protesters; 4 Killed, 46 Wounded in Iraq – July 20th, 2018
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018