A new mass grave connected to the Speicher Massacre has been discovered near Tikrit. Thousands of cadets were killed when the Islamic State militants attacked their base in 2014.
At least 67 were killed and seven were wounded:
A policeman was killed and another was wounded in a clash that also left two militants dead in Imam Gharbi.
Militants killed a woman in Jalawla during an attempt to kidnap her sons.
A Peshmerga member was shot dead in Zarka.
In Jalawla, a bomb wounded a civilian.
Airstrikes killed 47 militants in Tal Afar.
In Hawija, militants lashed six cubs of the caliphate for playing soccer instead of guarding their security post.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Old ISIS Explosives Wound Children; 17 Killed in Iraq – January 19th, 2018
- Mass Grave Filled with Policemen; 30 Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2018
- Attacks Shift to Diyala Province; 11 Killed in Iraq – January 17th, 2018
- Mass Grave at Badush Prison; 66 Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2018
- Bloody Day in Baghdad; 53 Killed in Iraq – January 15th, 2018