A new mass grave connected to the Speicher Massacre has been discovered near Tikrit. Thousands of cadets were killed when the Islamic State militants attacked their base in 2014.
At least 67 were killed and seven were wounded:
A policeman was killed and another was wounded in a clash that also left two militants dead in Imam Gharbi.
Militants killed a woman in Jalawla during an attempt to kidnap her sons.
A Peshmerga member was shot dead in Zarka.
In Jalawla, a bomb wounded a civilian.
Airstrikes killed 47 militants in Tal Afar.
In Hawija, militants lashed six cubs of the caliphate for playing soccer instead of guarding their security post.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Mosul Courts Sentence Hundreds of Militants to Death; 13 Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2018
- Four ISIS Women Sentenced to Death; 10 Killed in Iraq – April 17th, 2018
- Iraqi Government Executes Terror Convicts; 52 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2018
- Bomb Targets Election Candidate; Two Killed in Iraq – April 15th, 2018
- Kurdish Brothers Killed in Turkish Airstrike Among Four Killed in Iraq – April 14th, 2018