Iraqi forces gained control of several villages in the Tal Afar region.
A Yazidi member of parliament, Vian Dakhil, recounted some of the horrors described to her by victims of the Islamic State militants.
At least 12 militants were killed:
Militants executed at least two of their own in Hawija on Sunday. Now they’ve detained 100 of their members and taking to an undisclosed location.
Security forces in Tal Afar killed a militant in charge of drones and several colleagues.
Security forces kill a militant leader and several colleagues in Sherwin.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Militants Execute Ethnic Kakai Family; 41 Killed in Iraq – July 27th, 2017
- Booby-Traps Litter Mosul; 23 Killed in Iraq – July 26th, 2017
- Dozens of Bodies Recovered in Mosul; 94 Killed in Iraq – July 25th, 2017
- Multiple Mass Graves Found; 151 Killed in Iraq – July 24th, 2017
- Bombers Turn Attention to Baquba; 18 Killed in Iraq – July 23rd, 2017