Iraqi forces gained control of several villages in the Tal Afar region.
A Yazidi member of parliament, Vian Dakhil, recounted some of the horrors described to her by victims of the Islamic State militants.
At least 12 militants were killed:
Militants executed at least two of their own in Hawija on Sunday. Now they’ve detained 100 of their members and taking to an undisclosed location.
Security forces in Tal Afar killed a militant in charge of drones and several colleagues.
Security forces kill a militant leader and several colleagues in Sherwin.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018