Iraqi forces gained control of several villages in the Tal Afar region.
A Yazidi member of parliament, Vian Dakhil, recounted some of the horrors described to her by victims of the Islamic State militants.
At least 12 militants were killed:
Militants executed at least two of their own in Hawija on Sunday. Now they’ve detained 100 of their members and taking to an undisclosed location.
Security forces in Tal Afar killed a militant in charge of drones and several colleagues.
Security forces kill a militant leader and several colleagues in Sherwin.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Old ISIS Explosives Wound Children; 17 Killed in Iraq – January 19th, 2018
- Mass Grave Filled with Policemen; 30 Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2018
- Attacks Shift to Diyala Province; 11 Killed in Iraq – January 17th, 2018
- Mass Grave at Badush Prison; 66 Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2018
- Bloody Day in Baghdad; 53 Killed in Iraq – January 15th, 2018