Iraqi forces gained control of several villages in the Tal Afar region.
A Yazidi member of parliament, Vian Dakhil, recounted some of the horrors described to her by victims of the Islamic State militants.
At least 12 militants were killed:
Militants executed at least two of their own in Hawija on Sunday. Now they’ve detained 100 of their members and taking to an undisclosed location.
Security forces in Tal Afar killed a militant in charge of drones and several colleagues.
Security forces kill a militant leader and several colleagues in Sherwin.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Kurd Election Official Assassinated; 10 Killed in Iraq – April 25th, 2018
- VP of Iraqi Olympic Committee Kidnapped; 13 Killed in Iraq – April 24th, 2018
- ISIS Threatens Polling Stations; Four Killed in Iraq – April 23rd, 2018
- Iraqi Forces Kill 40 Militants in and Near Syria; 20 Found in Mass Grave in Mosul – April 22nd, 2018
- 60 Militants Found in Mosul Grave; 20 Killed in Iraq – April 21st, 2018