The European Union is considering sending a security team to Iraq after the recapture of Mosul to maintain order.
Due to the layout of Old Mosul, security forces must fight from house to house to battle the Islamic State militants.
At least 92 were killed and five others were wounded:
In Mosul, a landmine killed two journalists and wounded two more. The Kurdish journalist was working as a fixer and interpreter for a French team.
Also in Mosul, a senior militant was killed. Troops rescued an injured toddler from a building demolished by shelling; 30 civilians were killed in the attack. Fifteen militants were killed in the fighting. Three female militants were killed. Five suicide bombers were killed.
A bomb in Hour al-Basha killed a militiaman and wounded two more.
A child died of malnutrition of lack of medicine at the Khazar displacement camp.
An airstrike killed 15 militants in Hawija.
In Harariyat, security forces killed 10 militants.
Eight militants were killed at the Syrian border.
In Naft Khana, a missile strike killed a militant leader.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Yazidis Found in Mass Grave; 100 Killed in Iraq – November 22nd, 2017
- Truck Bombing in Contested Town; 88 Killed in Iraq – November 21st, 2017
- Large Operation Against ISIS in Hawija; 30 Killed in Iraq – November 20th, 2017
- Mass Grave Found in Yazidi Town; 46 Killed in Iraq – November 19th, 2017
- Gunmen Attack Baghdad Checkpoint; 20 Killed in Iraq – November 18th, 2017