Brett McGurk, the U.S. envoy to the Coalition, announced that Iraqi troops have crossed into the Old City neighborhood, the Islamic State’s last bastion in Mosul.
At least 151 were killed and one was wounded:
In Mosul, a dozen civilians were killed in airstrikes. An I.E.D. killed seven troops. Forty militants were killed in Old City. Another 19 militants were killed in Shifa. Five policemen were arrested for killing a couple they believed were militants, instead of arresting them.
A rocket killed one civilian and wounded another in Mazraa.
In Anbar province, security forces killed 27 militants.
Security forces killed four militants at the Hiliwa airbase in Tuz Khormato.
A suicide bomber was killed by security forces in Qara Tapa.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Heavy Fighting and Counterattacks in Mosul; 61 Killed in Iraq – June 26th, 2017
- Hawija Displaced Found Dead; 200 Killed in Iraq – June 25th, 2017
- Civilians Flee Mosul War Zone; 59 Killed in Iraq – June 24th, 2017
- Many Casualties in Mosul Attacks; 151 Killed in Iraq – June 23rd, 2017
- Teenagers Blown-up by Old Landmine; 46 Killed in Iraq – June 22nd, 2017