Brett McGurk, the U.S. envoy to the Coalition, announced that Iraqi troops have crossed into the Old City neighborhood, the Islamic State’s last bastion in Mosul.
At least 151 were killed and one was wounded:
In Mosul, a dozen civilians were killed in airstrikes. An I.E.D. killed seven troops. Forty militants were killed in Old City. Another 19 militants were killed in Shifa. Five policemen were arrested for killing a couple they believed were militants, instead of arresting them.
A rocket killed one civilian and wounded another in Mazraa.
In Anbar province, security forces killed 27 militants.
Security forces killed four militants at the Hiliwa airbase in Tuz Khormato.
A suicide bomber was killed by security forces in Qara Tapa.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Widows Sentenced to Death, Prison; Eight Killed in Iraq – February 18th, 2018
- Another Mass Grave Found South of Mosul; 116 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2018
- Security Forces Battle ISIS near Mosul; 23 Killed in Iraq – February 15th, 2018
- Airstrikes Target ISIS near Mosul; 15 Killed in Iraq – February 14th, 2018
- Baghdad Targeted for Small Attacks; Eight Killed in Iraq – February 13th, 2018