Brett McGurk, the U.S. envoy to the Coalition, announced that Iraqi troops have crossed into the Old City neighborhood, the Islamic State’s last bastion in Mosul.
At least 151 were killed and one was wounded:
In Mosul, a dozen civilians were killed in airstrikes. An I.E.D. killed seven troops. Forty militants were killed in Old City. Another 19 militants were killed in Shifa. Five policemen were arrested for killing a couple they believed were militants, instead of arresting them.
A rocket killed one civilian and wounded another in Mazraa.
In Anbar province, security forces killed 27 militants.
Security forces killed four militants at the Hiliwa airbase in Tuz Khormato.
A suicide bomber was killed by security forces in Qara Tapa.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Civilian Casualties in Battle at Kurdish Border; 67 Killed in Iraq – October 20th, 2017
- Security Forces Shoot Protesters in Kirkuk, Khanaqin; 18 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2017
- Peshmerga Casualty Figures Raised; 90 Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2017
- Kurds Begin Return Home to Kirkuk; Eight Killed in Iraq – October 17th, 2017
- Kurds Flee as Baghdad Captures Kirkuk; 60 Killed, 133 Wounded – October 16th, 2017