Islamic State militants are booby-trapping entrances to homes in Mosul in order to prevent civilians from escaping their usefulness as human shields. Meanwhile, Jassem al-Jaff, the Migration and Displacement Minister, announced that operations have displaced 670,000 people.
At least 96 were killed and 10 were wounded:
In Mosul, militants executed 16 civilians who had tried to escape. Two civilians were killed when they returned to their booby-trapped home. Twenty militants were killed in Bab al-Jadid, Bab al-Toub, and Mekkawi. Another 30 were killed in 17 Tamouz and Eqtisadien. Eleven prominent militants were killed in a strike on Najjar.
Four people were executed in Rawah for collaborating with security forces.
A bomb killed one person and wounded five more at a Sadr al-Yusufiya market.
Three people were wounded in a blast in Taji.
A blast in Iskandariya wounded two people.
Near Rutba, seven militants were killed.
An airstrike on Baaj left three militants dead.
Two militants were killed in a blast in Abu Bakr.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Kurds Begin Return Home to Kirkuk; Eight Killed in Iraq – October 17th, 2017
- Kurds Flee as Baghdad Captures Kirkuk; 60 Killed, 133 Wounded – October 16th, 2017
- Iraq Forgets ISIS, Moves Against Kirkuk; 15 Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2017
- Shots Fired Between Kurdish Peshmerga and Shi’ite Militia; 50 Killed in Iraq – October 14th, 2017
- Kurds Withdraw from Turkmen Towns; 14 Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2017