The number of civilians displaced in Mosul since operations were launched in October has now surpassed 630,000 people.
Islamic State militants shot down an Iraqi helicopter supporting an operation led by Shi’ite militiamen west of Mosul. The helicopter landed safely, and there were no casualties. Heavy fighting was reported in the region.
At least 93 were killed and eight were wounded in recent violence:
A roadside bomb killed a soldier and wounded a militiaman in Saidiya.
Missiles wounded six civilians in Dendan.
Fighting in the Qayrawan region left 77 militants dead.
Thirteen militants were killed during an airstrike on their meeting place in Qaim.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Booby-Traps Litter Mosul; 23 Killed in Iraq – July 26th, 2017
- Dozens of Bodies Recovered in Mosul; 94 Killed in Iraq – July 25th, 2017
- Multiple Mass Graves Found; 151 Killed in Iraq – July 24th, 2017
- Bombers Turn Attention to Baquba; 18 Killed in Iraq – July 23rd, 2017
- Body Dumping Continues in Baghdad; 34 Killed in Iraq – July 22nd, 2017