The number of civilians displaced in Mosul since operations were launched in October has now surpassed 630,000 people.
Islamic State militants shot down an Iraqi helicopter supporting an operation led by Shi’ite militiamen west of Mosul. The helicopter landed safely, and there were no casualties. Heavy fighting was reported in the region.
At least 93 were killed and eight were wounded in recent violence:
A roadside bomb killed a soldier and wounded a militiaman in Saidiya.
Missiles wounded six civilians in Dendan.
Fighting in the Qayrawan region left 77 militants dead.
Thirteen militants were killed during an airstrike on their meeting place in Qaim.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Anti-ISIS Operation Launched in Anbar; 45 Killed in Iraq – June 17th, 2018
- More Humanitarian Aid Planned; Seven Killed in Iraq – June 16th, 2018
- Forty ISIS Bodies Found in Grave; 28 Killed in Iraq – June 15th, 2018
- Euphrates Fills with Bodies Floating in from Syria; 18 Killed or Found Dead in Iraq – June 14th, 2018
- South Korea Delivers Promised T-50 Jets; Six Killed in Iraq – June 13th, 2018