The number of civilians displaced in Mosul since operations were launched in October has now surpassed 630,000 people.
Islamic State militants shot down an Iraqi helicopter supporting an operation led by Shi’ite militiamen west of Mosul. The helicopter landed safely, and there were no casualties. Heavy fighting was reported in the region.
At least 93 were killed and eight were wounded in recent violence:
A roadside bomb killed a soldier and wounded a militiaman in Saidiya.
Missiles wounded six civilians in Dendan.
Fighting in the Qayrawan region left 77 militants dead.
Thirteen militants were killed during an airstrike on their meeting place in Qaim.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Ambushes Shi’ite Militiamen near Kirkuk; 31 Killed in Iraq – February 19th, 2018
- ISIS Widows Sentenced to Death, Prison; Eight Killed in Iraq – February 18th, 2018
- Another Mass Grave Found South of Mosul; 116 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2018
- Security Forces Battle ISIS near Mosul; 23 Killed in Iraq – February 15th, 2018
- Airstrikes Target ISIS near Mosul; 15 Killed in Iraq – February 14th, 2018