At least 281 were killed and 34 were wounded, including bodies recovered from an airstrike site:
In Mosul, the number of people killed in a controversial March 17 airstrike was officially raised by 142 dead to 278 dead and counting. Eight people were killed in an airstrike on Refaei. Shelling on Shefaa killed one person and wounded three more. Sixty militants were killed in security operations. Airstrikes killed two militant leaders and 13 more. Three militant leaders were executed.
The casualty figures from a multi-pronged attack that began in Tikrit yesterday were raised by 25 killed and 20 wounded to a total of 35 killed and 40 wounded. That includes 14 policemen who were killed. What began as an attack on a checkpoint later involved multiple militants wearing police uniforms. At least seven suicide bombers were killed.
An airstrike on Rutba killed four children.
A bomb planted on a highway between Baquba and Muqdadiya killed two police officers and wounded another.
Three soldiers were wounded in an attack in Adhaim.
Security forces killed five militants in Beyoot al-Teen.
In Zuhoor, two suicide bombers were killed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018
- Oil Field Protests Escalate; 13 Killed in Iraq – July 12th, 2018
- Large ISIS Convoy Crosses over from Syria; 27 Killed in Iraq – July 11th, 2018