About 240 U.S. troops from the 82nd Airborne Division will be deployed to Iraq to provide assistance in the Mosul theater, according to defense officials.
Amnesty International warned that the U.S.-led Coalition is not adequately protecting civilians in Mosul. Meanwhile, Atheel al-Nujaifi, commander of the Nineveh Guards and former governor of Nineveh province, openly suspects that Sunni civilians are being targeted deliberately. More airstrike deaths were reported on Monday.
At least 127 were killed and eight were wounded in the latest violence:
Resistance forces killed a militant and wounded two more in Shirqat.
A bomb in Baghdad wounded two people.
Two policemen were wounded by a blast in Dibs.
In the Hamrin Basin, gunmen wounded an army officer.
A militant led officials to a mass grave in Saidiya.
Security forces in the Makhoul Mountains killed eight militants.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Random Attacks Rattle North; 23 Killed in Iraq – October 21st, 2018
- Nine Militants Killed During Security Operations in Iraq – October 20th, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Imam Among 11 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2018
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018