ISIS Attacks Border Checkpoint; 117 Killed in Iraq
General Joseph Votel, the head of the U.S. Central Command, revealed that about 500 Iraqi soldiers have been killed, and another 3,000 were wounded during the three months that it took to wrest control of eastern Mosul.
US Air Force Brigadier General Matt Isler reports that ISIS/Daesh is using children and disabled people in suicide attacks.
Militiamen liberated several villages near Tal Afar.
At least 117 were killed and 10 more were wounded in the latest violence:
Dozens of soldiers were killed in a drone attack on the Mosul airport. ISIS claimed the number of dead reached 40 personnel.
In Mosul, a 14-year-old was shot and wounded in the leg when militants commandeered his home.
Fifty militants were killed when security forces discovered them in tunnels near Talawi.
Security forces in Tarmiya killed three militants.
A suicide bomber targeting security personnel blew himself up in Tal al-Rayyan.
Iraqi jets bombed Husayba.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Mosul Airport, Army Base Captured; 83 Killed in Iraq – February 23rd, 2017
- U.S. Forces Shot at in Mosul; 130 Killed in Iraq – February 22nd, 2017
- Civilians Flee Renewed Fighting in Mosul; 155 Killed in Iraq – February 21st, 2017
- Non-combat Death of U.S. Servicemember; 144 Others Killed in Iraq – February 20th, 2017
- Early Advances in Mosul Operation; 151 Killed in Iraq – February 19th, 2017