General Joseph Votel, the head of the U.S. Central Command, revealed that about 500 Iraqi soldiers have been killed, and another 3,000 were wounded during the three months that it took to wrest control of eastern Mosul.
US Air Force Brigadier General Matt Isler reports that ISIS/Daesh is using children and disabled people in suicide attacks.
Militiamen liberated several villages near Tal Afar.
At least 117 were killed and 10 more were wounded in the latest violence:
Dozens of soldiers were killed in a drone attack on the Mosul airport. ISIS claimed the number of dead reached 40 personnel.
In Mosul, a 14-year-old was shot and wounded in the leg when militants commandeered his home.
Fifty militants were killed when security forces discovered them in tunnels near Talawi.
Security forces in Tarmiya killed three militants.
A suicide bomber targeting security personnel blew himself up in Tal al-Rayyan.
Iraqi jets bombed Husayba.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Mosul Courts Sentence Hundreds of Militants to Death; 13 Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2018
- Four ISIS Women Sentenced to Death; 10 Killed in Iraq – April 17th, 2018
- Iraqi Government Executes Terror Convicts; 52 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2018
- Bomb Targets Election Candidate; Two Killed in Iraq – April 15th, 2018
- Kurdish Brothers Killed in Turkish Airstrike Among Four Killed in Iraq – April 14th, 2018