Militants cut power lines that were delivering electricity to eastern Mosul from the national grid. Some electricity is being provided from privately owned generators, but only for a few hours per day.
At least 33 were killed and five more were wounded:
A bomb killed a civilian and wounded five more in Madaen.
Twenty militants were killed trying to cross back into east Mosul.
An artillery attack on Rutba left nine militants dead.
And airstrike killed three militants, including a commander, near Metabijh.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Amnesty Accuses Baghdad of Attacking Protesters; 4 Killed, 46 Wounded in Iraq – July 20th, 2018
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018