Militants cut power lines that were delivering electricity to eastern Mosul from the national grid. Some electricity is being provided from privately owned generators, but only for a few hours per day.
At least 33 were killed and five more were wounded:
A bomb killed a civilian and wounded five more in Madaen.
Twenty militants were killed trying to cross back into east Mosul.
An artillery attack on Rutba left nine militants dead.
And airstrike killed three militants, including a commander, near Metabijh.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Baghdad Deploys More Troops to Kirkuk; 13 Killed in Iraq – October 22nd, 2018
- Random Attacks Rattle North; 23 Killed in Iraq – October 21st, 2018
- Nine Militants Killed During Security Operations in Iraq – October 20th, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Imam Among 11 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2018
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018