Security forces in Mosul discovered mustard agents in what appears to be a chemical weapons laboratory concealed within the Nineveh Ruins site.
In the last couple of days, over 5,000 people returned home to Mosul from displacement camps.
Brig. Gen. Yahya Rasool announced the renewal of an arrest warrant for former Nineveh Governor Atheel al-Nujaifi. The former governor was removed from office when the Islamic State militants invaded. He was later accused of allowing Turkish troops to illegally set up camp near Mosul. It is claimed that Nujaifi now says he will become responsible for security in liberated areas of Mosul, so all security forces have been made aware of the arrest warrant.
At least 123 were killed and 18 more were wounded:
In Mosul, shelling in the Rashidiya district killed a married couple and wounded their two children.
A servicemember was injured when Shi’ite militiamen mistakenly shelled a Peshmerga position in Sinjar.
Shi’ite militias killed 40 militants in Khabirat.
Airstrikes in western Nineveh province left 33 militants dead.
In Tal Afar, an airstrike killed 31 militants.
Security forces killed seven militants in Aski Mosul.
At Kilo 35, security forces killed a suicide bomber.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Baghdad Deploys More Troops to Kirkuk; 13 Killed in Iraq – October 22nd, 2018
- Random Attacks Rattle North; 23 Killed in Iraq – October 21st, 2018
- Nine Militants Killed During Security Operations in Iraq – October 20th, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Imam Among 11 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2018
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018