Running out of funds, the United Nations World Food Program was forced to cut rations to 1.4 millions Iraqis displaced by war.
Iraqi activist Ghofran Fadil, her nephew, and her father were abducted from a home in Baghdad, possibly by Shi’ite militiamen.
At least 67 were killed and two more were wounded:
Turkish authorities claim that airstrikes targeting Kurdistan Workers Party (P.K.K.) camps in northern Iraq on January 13 and 14 killed 57 militants. That’s 39 more deaths than had been reported previously. A new series of strikes was conducted Thursday night.
In Baghdad, a bomb exploded in Bayaa, killing one person and wounding two more.
An airstrike killed a militant commander and his companion in Shirqat.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018