In Mosul, the Rapid Response Division arrived at Intisar, while the Counter-Terrorism Service reached nearby Quds. The two security forces plan on fighting together.
At least 272 were killed and 71 were wounded:
In Baghdad, two suicide bombers at a Sinak market left 28 dead and at least 54 wounded near an auto parts store. A bomb killed four people in Baghdad al-Jadida and wounded six more at least. In Shoala, five bombs killed one person and wounded seven more. Another three people killed and four were wounded in another bombing. Two suicide bombers were killed in a failed attack on Kadhimiya.
Six militants were killed in a strike in Riyadh.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bombers Attack Restaurant; 64 Killed in Iraq – September 19th, 2017
- Kurdish Vote Celebration Turns Deadly; 16 Killed in Iraq – September 18th, 2017
- ISIS Families Relocated Without Warning; 387 Killed in Iraq – September 17th, 2017
- Anbar Operations Begin; 38 Killed in Iraq – September 16th, 2017
- Anbar Operation Could Start Saturday; 129 Killed in Iraq – September 15th, 2017