In Mosul, the Rapid Response Division arrived at Intisar, while the Counter-Terrorism Service reached nearby Quds. The two security forces plan on fighting together.
At least 272 were killed and 71 were wounded:
In Baghdad, two suicide bombers at a Sinak market left 28 dead and at least 54 wounded near an auto parts store. A bomb killed four people in Baghdad al-Jadida and wounded six more at least. In Shoala, five bombs killed one person and wounded seven more. Another three people killed and four were wounded in another bombing. Two suicide bombers were killed in a failed attack on Kadhimiya.
Six militants were killed in a strike in Riyadh.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- HRW Calls on Baghdad to Admit to Holding Prisoners; 25 Killed in Iraq – July 22nd, 2018
- Peshmerga Forces Beaten at Checkpoint; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 21st, 2018
- Amnesty Accuses Baghdad of Attacking Protesters; 4 Killed, 46 Wounded in Iraq – July 20th, 2018
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018