In Mosul, the Rapid Response Division arrived at Intisar, while the Counter-Terrorism Service reached nearby Quds. The two security forces plan on fighting together.
At least 272 were killed and 71 were wounded:
In Baghdad, two suicide bombers at a Sinak market left 28 dead and at least 54 wounded near an auto parts store. A bomb killed four people in Baghdad al-Jadida and wounded six more at least. In Shoala, five bombs killed one person and wounded seven more. Another three people killed and four were wounded in another bombing. Two suicide bombers were killed in a failed attack on Kadhimiya.
Six militants were killed in a strike in Riyadh.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Attacks Shift to Diyala Province; 11 Killed in Iraq – January 17th, 2018
- Mass Grave at Badush Prison; 66 Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2018
- Bloody Day in Baghdad; 53 Killed in Iraq – January 15th, 2018
- PKK Launch Rocket at Turkey; Six Killed in Iraq – January 14th, 2018
- Bombers Return to Baghdad; 19 Killed in Iraq – January 13th, 2018