An American soldier was killed in a bomb blast, while embedded with Peshmerga members in northern Iraq on Thursday.
At a Coalition meeting in Paris on Thursday, Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi said the operation was going well.
Bartella has been recaptured, and Nawaran has as well. Batnaya was also liberated. Other towns that were freed include Barima, Fadhliya, Khabat, Khalidiya, Khrap Delil, Makuk, Omar Qamchi, Pirhalan, Saidawa, Salahya, Znawer and the shrine of Imam Raza.
At least 125 people were killed and seven were wounded.
Casualty figures released by government officials have been sparse, particularly in regards to security personnel. Also, exact locations within the Mosul theater have not been given in some cases.
At least a dozen Peshmerga have been killed and many more wounded.
A New York Times photographer was wounded in a bomb blast.
A bomb wounded two Iraqi reporters at Nawaran.
A bomb near Tel Skuf wounded two more reporters.
A rocket attack on Baaj left nine militants dead.
In Mosul, 13 militants died in an airstrike.
Militants claimed at least five suicide attacks on Peshmerga.
In Tel al-Sheer, an airstrike killed a militant leader.
Elsewhere in Iraq:
In Baghdad, a bomb wounded several civilians.
Four militants were killed when the bomb they were planting in Riyadh exploded.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraqi Troops Still Chasing ISIS; 39 Killed in Iraq – December 17th, 2017
- More Yazidi Victims Found in Mass Graves; 97 Killed in Iraq – December 16th, 2017
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Militia; 15 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2017
- Dozens of Sunnis Executed on Terror Charges; 53 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017