An American soldier was killed in a bomb blast, while embedded with Peshmerga members in northern Iraq on Thursday.
At a Coalition meeting in Paris on Thursday, Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi said the operation was going well.
Bartella has been recaptured, and Nawaran has as well. Batnaya was also liberated. Other towns that were freed include Barima, Fadhliya, Khabat, Khalidiya, Khrap Delil, Makuk, Omar Qamchi, Pirhalan, Saidawa, Salahya, Znawer and the shrine of Imam Raza.
At least 125 people were killed and seven were wounded.
Casualty figures released by government officials have been sparse, particularly in regards to security personnel. Also, exact locations within the Mosul theater have not been given in some cases.
At least a dozen Peshmerga have been killed and many more wounded.
A New York Times photographer was wounded in a bomb blast.
A bomb wounded two Iraqi reporters at Nawaran.
A bomb near Tel Skuf wounded two more reporters.
A rocket attack on Baaj left nine militants dead.
In Mosul, 13 militants died in an airstrike.
Militants claimed at least five suicide attacks on Peshmerga.
In Tel al-Sheer, an airstrike killed a militant leader.
Elsewhere in Iraq:
In Baghdad, a bomb wounded several civilians.
Four militants were killed when the bomb they were planting in Riyadh exploded.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Amnesty Accuses Baghdad of Attacking Protesters; 4 Killed, 46 Wounded in Iraq – July 20th, 2018
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018