Parliament voted to maintain Nineveh province’s borders as they are. Yazidis and Christians had been asking for their own regions.
The Pentagon believes that Islamic State militants will try to use chemical weapons during the upcoming assault on Mosul.
At least 112 people were killed and five more were wounded:
In Baghdad, a bomb killed one person and wounded five more.
Security forces in Haditha and Hit killed 70 militants.
Militants executed 24 militants for fleeing the fighting in Shirqat. Sixteen were burned alive, including a commander, while seven more were run over by a bulldozer.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- India Abductees Found Dead Near Mosul; 72 Killed in Iraq – March 20th, 2018
- ISIS Attacks on Kirkuk Province Highways; Four Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2018
- Bodies Pollute River in Mosul; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2018
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018