Parliament voted to maintain Nineveh province’s borders as they are. Yazidis and Christians had been asking for their own regions.
The Pentagon believes that Islamic State militants will try to use chemical weapons during the upcoming assault on Mosul.
At least 112 people were killed and five more were wounded:
In Baghdad, a bomb killed one person and wounded five more.
Security forces in Haditha and Hit killed 70 militants.
Militants executed 24 militants for fleeing the fighting in Shirqat. Sixteen were burned alive, including a commander, while seven more were run over by a bulldozer.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraqi Troops Still Chasing ISIS; 39 Killed in Iraq – December 17th, 2017
- More Yazidi Victims Found in Mass Graves; 97 Killed in Iraq – December 16th, 2017
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Militia; 15 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2017
- Dozens of Sunnis Executed on Terror Charges; 53 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017