Parliament voted to maintain Nineveh province’s borders as they are. Yazidis and Christians had been asking for their own regions.
The Pentagon believes that Islamic State militants will try to use chemical weapons during the upcoming assault on Mosul.
At least 112 people were killed and five more were wounded:
In Baghdad, a bomb killed one person and wounded five more.
Security forces in Haditha and Hit killed 70 militants.
Militants executed 24 militants for fleeing the fighting in Shirqat. Sixteen were burned alive, including a commander, while seven more were run over by a bulldozer.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018