Parliament voted to maintain Nineveh province’s borders as they are. Yazidis and Christians had been asking for their own regions.
The Pentagon believes that Islamic State militants will try to use chemical weapons during the upcoming assault on Mosul.
At least 112 people were killed and five more were wounded:
In Baghdad, a bomb killed one person and wounded five more.
Security forces in Haditha and Hit killed 70 militants.
Militants executed 24 militants for fleeing the fighting in Shirqat. Sixteen were burned alive, including a commander, while seven more were run over by a bulldozer.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018
- Oil Field Protests Escalate; 13 Killed in Iraq – July 12th, 2018