Iraq has formally asked Saudi Arabia to replace the current ambassador, Thamer al-Sabhan, over remarks he has made concerning potential assassination plans. Sabhan believes that Iranian-backed Shi’ite militias are trying to kill him. Saudi Arabia and Iran broke off relations in 2011 over allegations that Iran was attempting to assassinate the envoy to the United States.
Unidentified helicopters attacked on Aghjalar village, setting fire to hay fields, groves, and wooded areas. No casualties were reported.
Militants flooded the streets of Qayara with crude oil.
At least 57 were killed and nine were wounded:
A journalist was wounded while covering the fighting in Khalidiya Island.
Strikes in the Zerga region killed 11 militants.
Eight militants were killed in Anbar province.
Four militants were killed in a strike on Baaj.
Clashes between militants in Hawija left two dead and eight wounded. Some of the men reportedly were trying to leave the area in order to surrender.
An airstrike on Tarmiya killed a wali responsible for the Karrada bombing in July.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Security Personnel Among 10 Killed in Iraq – November 20th, 2018
- Bodies of Kidnapped Pilgrims Found; 22 Killed in Iraq – November 19th, 2018
- Car Bomb Rattles Tikrit; 19 Killed in Iraq – November 18th, 2018
- Basra Protest Organizer Among Eight Killed in Iraq – November 17th, 2018
- Turkish Jets Bomb Civilians; Six Killed in Iraq – November 15th, 2018