At least 111 people were killed and 30 more wounded:
In Mosul, medical officials reported that 10 civilians were killed and 15 were wounded in a Coalition airstrike that also left a number of militant casualties. Militants executed 25 civilians, including a 25-year-old woman, on espionage charges. Twelve more were shot to death at a juice bar.
Militants executed 10 young men in Baaj.
Mortars killed two people and wounded nine in Abu Ghraib.
In Baghdad, a bomb killed two people and wounded six more in Suwaib.
Forty militants were killed during the first day of fighting in Qayara. Officials say the city is freed from militant control. Militants, however, did blow up a number of buildings within the district.
Airstrikes south of Mosul left 10 militants dead.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraqi Troops Still Chasing ISIS; 39 Killed in Iraq – December 17th, 2017
- More Yazidi Victims Found in Mass Graves; 97 Killed in Iraq – December 16th, 2017
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Militia; 15 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2017
- Dozens of Sunnis Executed on Terror Charges; 53 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017