Islamic State militants are reportedly converting Mosul homes belonging to Christian Iraqis into secret prisons.
At least 68 people were killed and 23 were wounded:
In Ahjila, militants executed 14 civilians, including a child, who were all trying to flee Daesh territory.
Two people were killed and 11 were wounded in a blast in Taji.
Mortar fire at the Khazar front left two Peshmerga dead and four wounded.
In Baghdad, a bomb killed one person and wounded eight more in Amil.
A young person was executed in Hawija, for collaborating with security forces.
Seventeen militants were killed in an airstrike on Ana.
Security forces left 12 militants dead in Makhoul.
In Shalalat, a strike killed nine militants.
A strike left six militants dead in Hit.
Two suicide bombers were killed in Tarmiya.
During an operation in Qayara, a prominent Daesh member was killed
An unidentified group attacked a Daesh prison in Mosul, killing a guard and freeing several prisoners.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018