Islamic State militants are reportedly converting Mosul homes belonging to Christian Iraqis into secret prisons.
At least 68 people were killed and 23 were wounded:
In Ahjila, militants executed 14 civilians, including a child, who were all trying to flee Daesh territory.
Two people were killed and 11 were wounded in a blast in Taji.
Mortar fire at the Khazar front left two Peshmerga dead and four wounded.
In Baghdad, a bomb killed one person and wounded eight more in Amil.
A young person was executed in Hawija, for collaborating with security forces.
Seventeen militants were killed in an airstrike on Ana.
Security forces left 12 militants dead in Makhoul.
In Shalalat, a strike killed nine militants.
A strike left six militants dead in Hit.
Two suicide bombers were killed in Tarmiya.
During an operation in Qayara, a prominent Daesh member was killed
An unidentified group attacked a Daesh prison in Mosul, killing a guard and freeing several prisoners.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017
- UN Probes Right Abuses in Restive Tuz Khormato; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 12th, 2017
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Camps; 38 Killed Across Iraq – December 11th, 2017
- Victory Parade in Green Zone; Seven Injured Across Iraq – December 10th, 2017
- Scattered Attacks Leave 51 Killed Across Iraq – December 9th, 2017