According to the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), millions of Iraqi children are in dire need of humanitarian aid and/or rights protections.
At least 50 people were killed and 41 more were wounded:
In Baghdad, a suicide blast in Shurta left six dead and 19 wounded. Three people were killed and nine were wounded in a separate blast. A bomb in Za’afaraniya killed one person and wounded seven more.
Gunmen killed four policemen and wounded five more in Amiriyat al-Fallujah.
In Qayara, 15 militants were killed.
Shelling in Doulab killed 10 militants.
Another 10 militants were killed in Nasr.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018