According to the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), millions of Iraqi children are in dire need of humanitarian aid and/or rights protections.
At least 50 people were killed and 41 more were wounded:
In Baghdad, a suicide blast in Shurta left six dead and 19 wounded. Three people were killed and nine were wounded in a separate blast. A bomb in Za’afaraniya killed one person and wounded seven more.
Gunmen killed four policemen and wounded five more in Amiriyat al-Fallujah.
In Qayara, 15 militants were killed.
Shelling in Doulab killed 10 militants.
Another 10 militants were killed in Nasr.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018
- Oil Field Protests Escalate; 13 Killed in Iraq – July 12th, 2018
- Large ISIS Convoy Crosses over from Syria; 27 Killed in Iraq – July 11th, 2018