According to the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), millions of Iraqi children are in dire need of humanitarian aid and/or rights protections.
At least 50 people were killed and 41 more were wounded:
In Baghdad, a suicide blast in Shurta left six dead and 19 wounded. Three people were killed and nine were wounded in a separate blast. A bomb in Za’afaraniya killed one person and wounded seven more.
Gunmen killed four policemen and wounded five more in Amiriyat al-Fallujah.
In Qayara, 15 militants were killed.
Shelling in Doulab killed 10 militants.
Another 10 militants were killed in Nasr.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Victory Parade in Green Zone; Seven Injured Across Iraq – December 10th, 2017
- Scattered Attacks Leave 51 Killed Across Iraq – December 9th, 2017
- Christians Again Displaced; 13 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2017
- Clashes Reported in Kirkuk; 31 Killed Across Iraq – December 7th, 2017
- Kurdish Refugee Camp Bombed; 18 Killed in Iraq – December 6th, 2017