The World Health Organization warned that civilians in Fallujah are at high risk for disease. Poor hygienic conditions and a lack of vaccinations could trigger a massive outbreak of disease. Last year, refugees in the Abu Ghraib area contracted cholera which later spread to other provinces.
Security forces say they have liberated 25 percent of Fallujah and killed 232 militants so far.
At least 185 were killed and 37 more were wounded:
Militants executed 19 civilians in Shirqat.
In Fallujah, a sniper shot and killed a toddler and wounded his mother as they tried to escape. Security forces killed 15 car bombers. Twenty militants were killed in Basateen and Halabesa. Twelve more were killed in southern Fallujah.
In Baghdad, a bomb killed two people and wounded four more.
In Jazira and Zankura, security forces killed 40 militants.
At least 15 militants were killed and 20 were wounded during airstrikes on Hawija.
Artillery fire killed 12 militants in Doulab.
An airstrike on Rashid killed 12 militants.
A strike killed two militant officials in Shirqat last week.
A militant leader was killed during fighting in Makhmour.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Random Attacks Rattle North; 23 Killed in Iraq – October 21st, 2018
- Nine Militants Killed During Security Operations in Iraq – October 20th, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Imam Among 11 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2018
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018