At least 162 other were killed and 34 were wounded:
In Baghdad, a sticky bomb wounded a journalist. One person was killed and seven were wounded in a blast in Iskan. Militants shot and killed one policeman and wounded two more. A bomb killed a militiaman and wounded six more.
Clashes left four security members dead and eight wounded near Amiriyat al-Falluja.
Four civilians were killed and two were wounded when a bomb exploded as the group was attempting to escape from Hawija.
A bomb in Husseiniya killed one person and wounded five more.
Sixty militants were killed during an attack near Baiji.
Security forces killed 60 militants south of Falluja.
Thirteen militants were killed in operations at the Nawaran frontlines.
In Nineveh province, a strike left eight militants dead.
Six militants were killed in Makhmour.
A Daesh commander was killed in Bashir.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- More Yazidi Victims Found in Mass Graves; 97 Killed in Iraq – December 16th, 2017
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Militia; 15 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2017
- Dozens of Sunnis Executed on Terror Charges; 53 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017
- UN Probes Right Abuses in Restive Tuz Khormato; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 12th, 2017