The Iraqi military has instructed civilians to hold off returning to Ramadi while they investigate if bomb-clearing missions are being conducted properly. Dozens of residents have been killed or wounded in their booby-trapped homes since the city’s liberation.
Over 41,000 people have returned safely to Haditha.
At least 172 were killed and 46 were wounded:
Sectarian tensions were reignited in Tuz Khormato after a bomb exploded near two political party offices. Armed clashes spread throughout the city. At the very least eight militiamen and five Peshmerga members were killed. Two civilians were also killed. Sniper fire and mortars are preventing casualties from seeking medical help, but an official from the Kurdistan Democratic Party claims that the Shi’ite-controlled hospital will not accept Kurdish civilians anyway. Military reinforcements are gathering outside the city, even though Shi’ite and Peshmerga officials have agreed to stop fighting.
In Tarmiya, a bomb killed one person and wounded nine more.
Two people were shot dead and another was wounded in Wajihiya.
Roadside bombs in Iskandariya wounded three people.
Security forces killed 77 militants and wounded 19 more in the Garma region.
In Albu Ali al-Jassim, strikes killed 17 militants.
Shelling left 17 militants dead in Makhmour.
Sixteen militants were killed by a strike on Nasr.
A strike on Rutba killed 10 militants and wounded four more.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018
- 30 Bodies in Mass Grave near Mosul; Two Killed in Iraq – October 11th, 2018