Parliament appears unlikely to approve Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi’s picks for a new technocrat cabinet and, instead, the prominent blocs will nominate their own candidates. Three members of parliament who are loyal to Shi’ite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr resigned in protest.
At least 230 people were killed and 189 were wounded:
The militia casualties from the failed Bashir offensive are 15 dead, 90 wounded, 20 missing. Those figures are up by five dead and 40 wounded from earlier reports. Forty militants were killed and 25 were wounded. Although security forces were forced to retreat, they were able to liberate the villages of Albu Moufarej and Mazraa just west of Bashir.
A mortar attack killed a civilian in Kirkuk.
In Dulab, strikes left 13 militants dead.
Bombs planted by unidentified forces killed 12 militants in Tal Afar.
In Heitawiyan, 12 militants were killed.
Eleven militants were killed and 12 were wounded in Albu Shejil, Garma, and Nazim al–Taqsim.
Strikes on Qayara left 10 militants dead.
Eight militants were killed in Albu Soda.
Security forces killed seven militants in Saniya.
Three suicide bombers were killed in Amiriyat al-Falluja.
In Zawiya, three militants were killed.
A suicide bomber was killed in Ba’Shiqah.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018
- Mass Grave Found Near Kirkuk; 29 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2018
- Militiaman Shoots P.M.’s Security Officer; 32 Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2018
- Scattered ISIS Attacks near Kirkuk; 54 Killed in Iraq – March 12th, 2018