More than 260 families returned to Jalawla on Monday, after security forces finished clearing the heavily booby-trapped town of bombs. Hundreds more are expected later in the week.
Under apparent pressure from Shi’ite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr’s sit-in, Parliament has given Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi until Thursday to present a new cabinet. The premier’s main problem, however, is resistance from other lawmakers who profit from the current corrupt system.
At least 154 were killed and 136 were wounded:
Two civilians were killed and seven were wounded by a blast in Mahmoudiya.
A bomb in Taji wounded a civilian.
A source at a hospital in Qayara said that they had received about 80 militant dead and 120 wounded, so far, from clashes that are ongoing near the Makhmour front, which is not for from Qayara.
Security forces killed 25 militants in the Thar Thar region.
In Hit, 17 militants were killed during operations.
Four militants were killed in Baiji.
Three militants were killed in Shirqat.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018