Hundreds protested after the execution of a civil servant by Islamic State militants in Rutba. The militants then detained at least 70 people for demonstrating. Some reports put that number closer to 200 arrested. The civil servant was apparently executed for killing a militant. That murder appears to be part of a lengthy feud between two clans.
At least 102 were killed and 67 were wounded, including the two people in Rutba: Eight patrol officers were killed and six were wounded in a double roadside bombing near Trebil and the Jordanian border.
Twelve people were executed in Shirqat.
A mortar attack on Amiriyat al-Falluja left 13 civilians with injuries.
Six security personnel were killed and nine were wounded when a suicide bomber attacked them in Falluja. North of town, four militants were killed and their commander was wounded during a failed attempt to booby-trap a house.
In Falahat, clashes left four policemen dead and nine wounded.
A policeman was killed and five more were wounded during a mortar attack on a police station in Habbaniya.
A roadside bomb killed seven security personnel in Tikrit.
In Mosul, three men were executed for not joining the militant fight.
During the liberation of Haji Abbas, five soldiers were wounded and 17 militants were killed.
Airstrikes in Bashir left a dozen militants dead.
Another 12 were killed during airstrikes near Kirkuk.
Five militants were killed during clashes in Husayba al-Sharkiya.
Near Ramadi, dozens of militants were killed in an airstrike.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018