Airstrikes continue across Iraq and Syria, but they seem to have little effect against the Islamic State militants. It is believed the group may be larger than first estimated.
Authorities revealed that 979 bodies, presumed to be Camp Speicher victims, have been exhumed, so far, from mass graves in Tikrit.
At least 63 were killed in fresh violence and five more were wounded:
Five civilians were wounded in a roadside blast in Tuz.
Militant launched a rocket attack on Qara Tapa after kidnapping a Turkmen civilian there and burning him alive.
Peshmerga forces killed 15 militants in Makhmour.
Fifteen militants were killed in al-Baghdadi.
Using a rocket, security forces killed eight militants trapped in a building near Falluja.
Seven militants were killed in the Alas oil fields.
Security forces at the Japanese Bridge near Ramadi killed six militants.
Five militants were killed in Garma.
In Salam, four militants were killed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Attack at Military Base Near Kirkuk; 11 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2019
- Elderly Shrine Tender Among Eight Killed in Iraq – February 16th, 2019
- More Truffle Gatherers Kidnapped; Four Killed in Iraq – February 15th, 2019
- Militia Convoy Attacked; 17 Killed in Iraq – February 14th, 2019
- Security Forces Rescue 30 Civilians; Three Killed in Iraq – February 13th, 2019