Airstrikes continue across Iraq and Syria, but they seem to have little effect against the Islamic State militants. It is believed the group may be larger than first estimated.
Authorities revealed that 979 bodies, presumed to be Camp Speicher victims, have been exhumed, so far, from mass graves in Tikrit.
At least 63 were killed in fresh violence and five more were wounded:
Five civilians were wounded in a roadside blast in Tuz.
Militant launched a rocket attack on Qara Tapa after kidnapping a Turkmen civilian there and burning him alive.
Peshmerga forces killed 15 militants in Makhmour.
Fifteen militants were killed in al-Baghdadi.
Using a rocket, security forces killed eight militants trapped in a building near Falluja.
Seven militants were killed in the Alas oil fields.
Security forces at the Japanese Bridge near Ramadi killed six militants.
Five militants were killed in Garma.
In Salam, four militants were killed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- U.S. Service Member Among 17 Killed in Iraq – April 20th, 2019
- ISIS Attacks Federal Police; Four Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2019
- Roadside Bomb Targets Soldiers; 23 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2019
- Militia Attacks Police in Mosul; Eight Killed in Iraq – April 14th, 2019
- Security Personnel Clash with ISIS; Seven Killed in Iraq – April 12th, 2019