A delegation of French groups has launched a radio station in northern Iraq that will cater to the needs of refugees. Over two million Iraqis fled the fighting since early last year, and northern Iraq is hosting even some from Syria. Christians are but one of the minority groups serviced by the station. The intent, however, is to unify all the groups, religious and ethnic.
At least 126 were killed and 53 were wounded.
In Baghdad, four people were killed and 10 were wounded in a bombing in the Sabaa al-Bour neighborhood. A blast in Suwaib left two civilians dead and 11 wounded. Five police personnel were killed and two were wounded in a shooting in Baghdad al-Jadida.
A professor was beaten to death and his son badly injured when militiamen, not militants, stormed their home in Qadisiya. It is the last town in the Tikrit area that has not been cleaned of militants.
Gunmen killed seven workers in Mandali.
Three people were killed and 11 were wounded, five of them policemen, during a mortar attack on Amiriyat al-Falluja.
A farmer was gunned down in Abu Saida.
A bomb in Kanaan killed a number of people.
In the Sinjar region, airstrikes killed 18 militants.
Fifteen militants were killed and seven more were wounded during airstrikes near the Ajil oilfield.
In the Tikrit region, 12 militants were killed.
A Falluja militia says it has killed a militant leader who was once a general in Saddam’s army.
In Samarra, an airstrike left six militants dead.
An airstrike in Qayara injured a wali and several aides.
Dozens of militants were killed in the al-Baghdadi region.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- More Yazidi Victims Found in Mass Graves; 97 Killed in Iraq – December 16th, 2017
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Militia; 15 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2017
- Dozens of Sunnis Executed on Terror Charges; 53 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017
- UN Probes Right Abuses in Restive Tuz Khormato; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 12th, 2017