At least 190 were killed, and another 13 were wounded. Most of the dead were militants, including those reportedly executed by their own forces.
According to the Iraq government, Islamic State militants have killed at least 6,000 Yazidis and Turkmen during their occupation of northern Iraq.
In Baghdad, a roadside bomb wounded four in Karrada.
A blast in Yusufiya wounded one civilian.
A car bomb in Makhmour wounded four Peshmerga.
Sinjar is said to be completely liberated.
Several villages in the Yathrib area were recaptured.
Fifty militants were killed duing fighting in Haditha.
Heavy fighting took place in Hit, but the number of casualties was not released.
An airstrike in western Anbar left 16 militants dead.
Twelve militants were killed near al-Malahma.
A helicopter strike killed three militants in Albu Dehen.
An airstrike in Falluja left several militants dead.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Victory Parade in Green Zone; Seven Injured Across Iraq – December 10th, 2017
- Scattered Attacks Leave 51 Killed Across Iraq – December 9th, 2017
- Christians Again Displaced; 13 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2017
- Clashes Reported in Kirkuk; 31 Killed Across Iraq – December 7th, 2017
- Kurdish Refugee Camp Bombed; 18 Killed in Iraq – December 6th, 2017