At least 106 were killed today in Iraq, and another 73 people were wounded. Over half the fatalities were militants, but security forces and civilians were also harmed.
The Iraqi government announced the deaths of 54 militants following clashes in Garma.
In Ramadi, a militant leader was killed. Four gunmen were killed and four more were wounded in an air strike.
Five people were killed and 11 more were wounded during continued shelling in Falluja.
In Baghdad, a car bomb killed nine people and wounded 22 more in the Karrada district.
In Mosul, a police colonel was gunned down. A roadside bomb killed a soldier and wounded another. Gunmen killed a Shabak shopkeeper. Gunmen also killed a Shabak man who was in charge of parks and forests. A principal was killed when gunmen attacked the school.
A bomb at a policeman’s home in Samarra wounded two women.
Four soldiers were wounded in a roadside blast in Hilla.
A bomb in Qadisiya wounded three policemen.
Also, an argument between two segments of the Bani Malik tribe in Basra has escalated and security forces are unable to stop the violence.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018
- 30 Bodies in Mass Grave near Mosul; Two Killed in Iraq – October 11th, 2018