At least 106 were killed today in Iraq, and another 73 people were wounded. Over half the fatalities were militants, but security forces and civilians were also harmed.
The Iraqi government announced the deaths of 54 militants following clashes in Garma.
In Ramadi, a militant leader was killed. Four gunmen were killed and four more were wounded in an air strike.
Five people were killed and 11 more were wounded during continued shelling in Falluja.
In Baghdad, a car bomb killed nine people and wounded 22 more in the Karrada district.
In Mosul, a police colonel was gunned down. A roadside bomb killed a soldier and wounded another. Gunmen killed a Shabak shopkeeper. Gunmen also killed a Shabak man who was in charge of parks and forests. A principal was killed when gunmen attacked the school.
A bomb at a policeman’s home in Samarra wounded two women.
Four soldiers were wounded in a roadside blast in Hilla.
A bomb in Qadisiya wounded three policemen.
Also, an argument between two segments of the Bani Malik tribe in Basra has escalated and security forces are unable to stop the violence.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Victory Parade in Green Zone; Seven Injured Across Iraq – December 10th, 2017
- Scattered Attacks Leave 51 Killed Across Iraq – December 9th, 2017
- Christians Again Displaced; 13 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2017
- Clashes Reported in Kirkuk; 31 Killed Across Iraq – December 7th, 2017
- Kurdish Refugee Camp Bombed; 18 Killed in Iraq – December 6th, 2017