At least 55 people were killed and 44 more were wounded. Meanwhile, the Iraqi government transferred over 2,000 prisoners out of Abu Ghraib prison citing security concerns, as it is near militant-controlled areas.
Gunmen killed one civilian and wounded another in Abu Ghraib.
The bodies of four soldiers, believed to have been killed in Anbar, were discovered in Jurf al-Sakhar.
A bomb in Badush killed two policemen and wounded a third one.
Gunmen in Basra killed two civilians.
A dumped body was found in Chemin.
A roadside bomb killed a refinery director and his brother in Baiji.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018