55 Killed, 44 Wounded Across Iraq As Abu Ghraib Prison Is Shut Down
At least 55 people were killed and 44 more were wounded. Meanwhile, the Iraqi government transferred over 2,000 prisoners out of Abu Ghraib prison citing security concerns, as it is near militant-controlled areas.
Gunmen killed one civilian and wounded another in Abu Ghraib.
The bodies of four soldiers, believed to have been killed in Anbar, were discovered in Jurf al-Sakhar.
A bomb in Badush killed two policemen and wounded a third one.
Gunmen in Basra killed two civilians.
A dumped body was found in Chemin.
A roadside bomb killed a refinery director and his brother in Baiji.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Militants Shut Down Iraq Dam Again; 57 Killed, 19 Wounded – April 14th, 2014
- Bombers Take Toll on Northern Iraq; 71 Killed, 82 Wounded – April 13th, 2014
- Bombers, Gunmen Leave 48 Dead, 43 Hurt Across Iraq – April 12th, 2014
- 54 Killed, 26 Wounded in Iraq As Militants Try to Kill Deputy PM – April 11th, 2014
- Bombs, Gunmen Kill 78, Wound 123 Across Iraq – April 10th, 2014