At least 39 people were killed and 48 more were wounded across Iraq today. Anbar province was fairly quiet, while most of the violence occurred in the north. Also, a famous radio journalist was killed in Baghdad at the hands of a Kurdish Peshmerga member.
Five militants were killed during clashes in Ramadi.
In Baghdad, a Peshmerga guard working for President Jalal Talabani’s security detail killed the bureau chief for Radio Free Iraq during a quarrel at a checkpoint. Separately, security forces killed a militant.
A bomb killed two soldiers and wounded three more at a checkpoint in Qayara.
In Basra, gunmen killed a police colonel who was in charge of the criminal investigations division.
In Kirkuk, the body of a kidnapping victim was found.
Gunmen killed a tribal leader in Arab Jabour.
A suicide bomber killed three people and wounded twelve more north of Baquba.
In Suleimaniya, the body of a Peshmerga member was found shot dead.
Mortars wounded a policeman in Badush.
In Qara Tapa, security forces killed two militants.
Several militants were killed in a security operation in Diyala province.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018
- Mass Grave Found Near Kirkuk; 29 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2018
- Militiaman Shoots P.M.’s Security Officer; 32 Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2018
- Scattered ISIS Attacks near Kirkuk; 54 Killed in Iraq – March 12th, 2018